Wednesday 18 November 2015

The Wedding Cake | Bridal

When it comes to choosing your wedding cake, you need to make sure that you're more than happy with it. If there's one thing I've realised post wedding is that people always remember the food & the cake whether it's good or bad.

I mean, why wouldn't you want a beautiful looking & delicious tasting cake?! The best bit about the whole event is tasting the cake. Taste taste taste. The more you taste the better. 


Initially, I scoured Pinterest for a classic wedding cake that was simple & matched our colour theme. I was really set on what I thought I wanted. Just before deciding on a design we went to our venue for a wedding fayre where I fell in love with the naked cake. I loved the idea of it being rustic, simple but creative & knew that was what I had to have.



Now, when I started going about organising who would make the cake I was horrified. Mention the word "wedding" & your price is knocked up by about 50%. It's so bad but it happens with all vendors.

Luckily, I used to work at a tea room & the lady who made all of the cakes said she would do our wedding cake. She was so reasonable with her price which really helped with our budget but truly created the most delicious & beautiful cake so I will be eternally grateful.


Wanting to complete the cake, I found this beautiful bunting style cake topper from Not On The High Street & it was such a bargain. We also sourced some wood that had recently been chopped down from a tree, sanded it down & glossed it to add to the rustic effect, the only problem being that I couldn't actually lift the thing.


What's your favourite style of wedding cake?

Love,
xx








(Pictures on this blog post are property of DaintyBride unless stated otherwise with an asterisk *. Any images marked with an asterisk * are sourced from the internet & are believed to be public domain & have no rights affiliated with DaintyBride)

No comments:

Post a Comment