Sunday 1 November 2015

The Big Day | The Details

The day has come & we finally have our beautiful wedding pictures! The only problem is trying to choose between them all as there are so many & it's great to be able to see all of the little details that helped to pull the day together.


So, as you will have seen when I posted about my invitations, we had a theme of mint & lilac. The main reason we chose this was because my husband loves purple & I love green. We literally went to the John Lewis ribbon section & found some of each to work out what best matched.


Other than that, I didn't really have an exact plan of what decorations I wanted. If I saw something I liked, I bought it. Simple as.


One of my absolute favourite details is this beautiful order that two of my talented friends created. I first saw the idea on the addictive Pinterest & instantly wanted to re-create it.





The flowers were such a surprise to me. I had decided what I wanted about a year before the wedding so even though I knew what I had requested, I honestly couldn't picture it. When they were delivered on the morning of the wedding I almost cried with happiness. They were classy, dainty, beautiful & fully incorporated my theme & what I had pictured.



It's crazy how something so little can really make a big impact. You don't have to go crazy & spend thousands on each decoration. A lot of mine were a DIY job or from a local supermarket.

What kind of decorations are your favourite?

Make sure you keep an eye out as there will be a lot more wedding posts coming in the future & thank you to Helen King for her beautiful pictures!

Love,
xx




(Pictures on this blog post are property of DaintyBride unless stated otherwise with an asterisk *. Any images marked with an asterisk * are sourced from the internet & are believed to be public domain & have no rights affiliated with DaintyBride)

No comments:

Post a Comment