Sunday 15 November 2015

Honeymoon | Rome

Planning a wedding, buying a house & working full time when your fiancé is living abroad is pretty stressful, let me tell you. When I realised I then needed to also organise & plan the honeymoon I almost when into meltdown.

Luckily, my lovely now husband stepped up & said he'd take on the challenge of organising the honeymoon & would keep it as a surprise.

The day we left for our honeymoon, he had organised a bunch of clues for me to work out on the drive down to the airport. I mean, it did take me a while to work out that flour & eggs make pasta even though it's my favourite food but I eventually got there & worked out that we were heading to Rome!



Rome is such a beautiful city. It's full of great architecture, history & food which made for such a special honeymoon spot. We spent 3 days exploring the monuments & city as well stuffing our faces with pasta & ice cream.





The only downside to this part of the honeymoon was that a lot of the main attractions were having maintenance. Every time we made our way to a monument, we'd find scaffolding but in the end it became a bit of a running joke which definitely contributed to our honeymoon memories.





I'm so happy that we got to explore Rome together & can't wait to re-visit to remember our trip. I'm already looking forward to the spaghetti vongole!

Having learnt that our honeymoon was a 2 part trip & that we would spend another week in Santorini was beyond exciting. I'd dreamt about the beautiful white hills & to actually stay there was perfect. 

Make sure you check in for the Santorini post!


Love,
xx





(Pictures on this blog post are property of DaintyBride unless stated otherwise with an asterisk *. Any images marked with an asterisk * are sourced from the internet & are believed to be public domain & have no rights affiliated with DaintyBride)

No comments:

Post a Comment