Wednesday 8 April 2015

Nottingham Favourites | Food

I like to consider myself a foodie. I love all things food & it tends to dictate how my day is planned. In the last few years, Nottingham has really upped it's game. There are a lot more independent places on offer & it's still growing but there's still some love left over for a good old chain.

Here are my top 10 favourite places to eat at the minute -
(In no particular order)

1. Five Guys
(££)

A recent opening in Nottingham but I imagine, already a favourite for many people! I tasted my first Five Guys back in Washington DC, so was happy to hear that one would be opening in my home town. If you're looking for a tasty but VERY unhealthy burger then head on over! You won't regret it...
(Well your hips might)



2. Yauatcha
(£)

Anywhere that serves dim sum is the place for me. I think I could genuinely live off dim sum & be content in life.

3. Bill's
(£)

There are a few of these around but i'd never had chance to visit until it was brought to Nottingham. There's a good mix of classics & more adventurous dishes to suit us all, the atmosphere is lively & the place is really quirky & cool. Worth a visit for a celebration!

4. The Windmill
(£)

I'm all for a countryside pub with a roaring log fire & The Windmill definitely offers this. The food is great, the service is friendly & you're right in the countryside to make advantage of an afternoon walk with a belly full of roast dinner

5. The Chequers Inn
(££)

Another countryside dream right near Belvoir Castle. The roast dinners here are top notch & there's many-a beer on offer. What more could you ask for? 


6. Atlas
(£)

My favourite place to stop for a sandwich mid shop. There are so many flavours to choose from but Goats Cheese, Proscuitto & Fig Jam gets me every time!

7. Thea Caffea
(££)

A family run, traditional English tea room in the heart of Nottingham. This little gem offers a wide range of lunch items but really, the showstopper is the vintage tea. Deliciously light & beautiful to look at.

8. Iberico
(££)

My go-to tapas bar. Owned by World Service, you know the food is going to be great. Make sure you try the 'Inside Out Chicken Wings' & 'Miso Black Cod' - you won't be disappointed!


9. Sat Bains
(£££)

Sat Bains is pure bliss. The food is great but that also comes with a great price. If you don't mind paying for great quality & a lovely experience then I'd definitely recommend but if you're not keen to splash the cash on some food, this won't be the place for you. 
(Click here to see a review)


10. Annie's Burger Shack
(££)

Similar food type to Five Guys but more of a luxurious visit with plenty more flavours on offer. Be prepared to leave feeling well & truly stuffed!!



What are your favourite places to eat?

Love,
xx



(Pictures on this blog post are property of DaintyBride unless stated otherwise with an asterisk *. Any images marked with an asterisk * are sourced from the internet & are believed to be public domain & have no rights affiliated with DaintyBride)

No comments:

Post a Comment