Sunday 5 April 2015

Food, Friends & Exploring

Each time I visit good old London, I come back feeling shattered & not having achieved anything or explored anywhere! 

This time when I visited, I was still absolutely shattered but had such an amazing time & felt like I'd got to explore the real London, not just the tourist hot spots. I always put so much pressure on myself when I usually go down because I'm paying an arm & a leg for a hotel as well as a train fare & food.

Fortunately, one of my best friends (well not too fortunate because I'd prefer it if she was still living near me) has moved down to London which meant I could enjoy a stress free, relaxed stay & not feel the pressure of getting around the whole of London in a day or two.

Off I went, coffee in hand to London Town.












Arriving in London, we took a trip to the Sky Garden. If you've never been then I'd definitely recommend it being worth a visit. It doesn't cost a penny to go & see the fantastic views but you can also eat, drink & chat with your pals until your heart is content! 

We ended up spending a good few hours overlooking the Shard with some tasty snacks & drinks!




We then headed over to Rabot 1745 which is a Hotel Chocolat restaurant using chocolate in all of their dishes. Delish!!


I went for the macaroni cheese which didn't disappoint!

Saturday morning soon came around & after some tasty breakfast, we took a trip to Portabello Market.





As you can imagine... it smelt incredible!

We then carried on the foodie tour at the Hummingbird Bakery opting for a red velvet cupcake. My god it was tasty!



Finally, before we left to snuggle up on the sofa to watch the rugby, we came across an amazing Japanese place serving this delicious seafood ramen!


Feeling a tad hungover on Sunday morning, we decided to venture to Spitalfields market & give Hotbox a whirl after seeing some delicious looking food on The Londoner's blog.






Looks tasty right? Being the little piggy's that we are, I had pancakes with bacon & maple syrup as well as sharing a rack of ribs with my beautiful friend - mmmm get in ma belly!

Definitely worth a visit if you're in the area, although be prepared to wait for an hour or two for a table! Super popular.

Thank you for reading 

Love
xx


(Pictures on this blog post are property of DaintyBride unless stated otherwise with an asterisk *. Any images marked with an asterisk * are sourced from the internet & are believed to be public domain & have no rights affiliated with DaintyBride)

No comments:

Post a Comment