Sunday 14 September 2014

A Birthday In Brighton

I'd never been to Brighton before. I've always wanted to go, it looked so much fun & I just had to take the trip. So during the Bank Holiday weekend before my birthday, myself & 6 of my friends went down.

Getting up at 6.30am wasn't the ideal start to a Sunday but we knew we'd have to make the most of the day & with a 3 hour 30 minute drive ahead of us we rolled out of bed.

Brighton definitely didn't disappoint. It was cute, touristy & sunny! We had great weather which meant we could fully enjoy the day exploring.

Arriving in Brighton, we jumped out of the car & stretched our legs by wandering along the beach & pier.













We couldn't help ourselves indulging in some fresh doughnuts!

















I loved all of the little shops & cafe's in the arches along the seaside


We then found ourselves exploring 'The Lanes,' getting lost & wanting to buy everything in sight






Having found this cute shop called 'Lavender Room' we all bought a bracelet or necklace to remember our trip down to Brighton






In need of some refuelling, we stopped at an independent restaurant 'Food For Friends' which turned out to be vegetarian. Not something I would have originally gone for but I was so glad that we didn't realise this until we had sat down as the food was amazing!!




As per usual I had to have my usual Amaretto Sour :)


I then followed that with this amazing coconut curry which was packed with vegetables & some really tasty dumplings.


We couldn't resist indulging in pudding & we definitely weren't disappointed. I opted for the 'Caramel Chocolate Fondant' which was to die for!


Feeling well & truly stuffed, we headed to the Royal Pavilion for some culture & to walk off some of that tasty food!






Back at the water, we had another mooch around the shops, grabbed a cuppa & went to relax on the beach







I had such an amazing day visiting Brighton. I'm definitely going to be returning & I'm so happy I decided to celebrate my birthday down south :)

Thank you for reading

Love,
DaintyBride xx

(Pictures on this blog post are property of DaintyBride unless stated otherwise with an asterisk *. Any images marked with an asterisk * are sourced from the internet & are believed to be public domain & have no rights affiliated with DaintyBride)

No comments:

Post a Comment