Wednesday 7 May 2014

A Weekend Break

A few weekends ago, a group of my friends & myself hired out a cottage in a village called Broadway which is in the Cotswolds. We don't all get to see each other much so it was such a lovely weekend being able to chat all day, drink tea & eat; 3 of our favourite hobbies!! 

I've always loved the Cotswolds as I have some relatives that live in that area but have never really had chance to spend some time there. We only went for 2 days but it felt like a real retreat so I thought I'd take you along with me!

I apologise that some of them are fuzzy, I had to use my phone :(


On the Friday, Mel & I drove down in the rain & decided to go exploring in our wellies :)








Roadtrippppp!!!



Even though it was raining, the surrounding villages were still beautiful :)









This is the amazing hotel that was opposite where we stayed




What a surprise… I found a bridal shop! It was soooo beautiful but unfortunately closed unless you had booked an appointment






















It's not very often these days that you see fresh produce outside of the shop for sale!


By Friday evening, all of our friends had joined us in the small cottage we were staying in so we made a yummy goats cheese & red pepper risotto, drank tea & watched a Beyonce documentary :) 

When we woke on Saturday the sun was shining so we made the most of it by going for a walk around the village! 









Beautiful places with beautiful friends!






"That's definitely Kate Moss' house"









Coat - Zara
Top - Zara
Jeans - Topshop
Shoes - Converse















Sunday morning came too quickly & it was time to head home :( on our way, myself & 2 of my friends stopped off in Stratford for some lunch & a walk round!





"Mmmm BBQ chicken" :)









Whilst on our travels, we found an 'Old Sweet Shop'









Ahhh just sooo many sweets!



I just love all of the buildings in Stratford















The view from the top of the 'Royal Shakespeare Theatre'





We had such a lovely time visiting the Cotswolds & will definitely be going again some time soon!

Thank you for reading

Love,
Dainty Bride xx





(Pictures on this blog post are property of DaintyBride unless stated otherwise with an asterisk *. Any images marked with an asterisk * are sourced from the internet & are believed to be public domain & have no rights affiliated with DaintyBride)


No comments:

Post a Comment