Wednesday 14 May 2014

A Day Trip: Lincoln, Haddon Hall & OOTD

Over the last few days we've had some friends over from France as we participate in 'twinning.'

(For those of you who don't know what that is, it's where a village from the UK & a village from Europe pair & go to visit each other once a year)

Because of this, I have been a leisurely lady for the past 2 days, getting to visit different places & eat lots of food :) great, I know!

On Thursday we took them to Lincoln to see the Cathedral & the steep cobbled streets. I've only ever been to Lincoln once before & just stayed near the University area so it was nice to be able to see other parts as well. The cathedral was absolutely beautiful & I felt like I was in Hogwarts because the lights almost looked as if they were floating!

Here's some pictures of my day in Lincoln :)



Always pulled in by baked goods!!











Definitely looking rather short here!










Amazing arches & "floating" lights aka Hogwarts Great Hall ;)






Amazing stained glass windows












Love the narrow cobbled streets






Yet again, I found a traditional sweet shop














These lollipops looks incredible! I went with a gin & tonic one :)










OOTD - 
(Looking super stylish with my camera bag!)

Coat - Topshop (last year)
Top - Paul Smith (last year)
Jeans - Topshop
Shoes - Converse


I had such a lovely day exploring Lincoln & even though it was still pretty chilly, my spirits were kept up by the beautiful surroundings.

On Friday, we took a trip to a place called Haddon Hall which is near Bakewell in Derbyshire. I love driving through this area as it's all really hilly & has an amazing landscape. 

The tour around Haddon Hall was really interesting & it was amazing to see such old architecture!


The hall almost looked like a castle :) very different to any others I've been to before! 









These drawings on the walls in the chapel were absolutely beautiful & it's so weird to think how long they've been there for! 











Now that's what you call a dining room table



This was my favourite room by far! It was so spacious & long & definitely made me think that it would make a beautiful wedding venue :)














The beautiful gardens














OOTD:
Jacket - Topshop (a few years old)
Top - H&M ("   ")
Necklace - Topshop
Trousers - Zara 
Shoes - Converse


I had such a lovely couple of days doing some exploring of new places & learning new things! I feel well & truly "cultured."

Thank you for reading

Love,
Dainty Bride xx






(Pictures on this blog post are property of DaintyBride unless stated otherwise with an asterisk *. Any images marked with an asterisk * are sourced from the internet & are believed to be public domain & have no rights affiliated with DaintyBride)





No comments:

Post a Comment